Sony has just released an all-new update for the PlayStation 3. The update brings several sound-related enhancements, an enhanced Saved Data Utility tool. The update can already be downloaded from your PS3′s XMB and will be available to download from the PlayStation site. You can see the full changelog below after the break.
Wireless Stereo Headset
When the wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080) is connected, you can now adjust the sidetone level for microphone audio. Select [Sidetone] under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Audio Device Settings].
- Off: Disable microphone audio from the headset
- 1-5: Enable microphone audio from the headset
You can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off. Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off] you will be able amend the time for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other Features]:
- Video/TV/Music/Photo – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
- Game/Other Features – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
If you enabled [System Auto-Off] in system software prior to version 4.20, the selected time will be set for both [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [Game/Other Features].
The default settings are [After 4 Hours] for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [After 1 Hour] for [Game/Other Features].
Save Game Selection
Under (Games) > (Saved Data Utility (PS3™), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.
- You cannot use [Copy Multiple] to select data that is copy-protected.
- Some saved data cannot be copied.
- The upper right corner of the screen displays: the number of saved data items that are selected, the total number of saved data items and the total file size of the saved data items that are selected.