- Say Something When You Enter! Many People’s iRC doesn’t notify them unless someone says something, so don’t just join and wait, just say hello or something!
- Don’t get impatient because people don’t answer, many people stay connected to iRC even though they’re away from the keyboard.
- Do NOT Flood/Spam the Channel with messages and do avoid using CAPS LOCKS.
- Be Respectful, do NOT insult or disrespect other users!
- Have fun, there are several iRC Games set up, including Uno and Blackjack!
- /nick nickname – Changes your nickname to what you enter in place of ‘nickname’
- /me action – Outputs a message as if it’s being said in third person, enter your action in place of ‘action’
- /ns register password email – Registers your nickname so no-one can steal it. Replace password with your desired password and email with your e-mail address.
- /ns identify password – Only required if you registered your nickname using the above command, this “logs you in”, replace password with your password.
You only have to worry about this if you’re connecting using your own client. No need to worry if you’re using the chat above.